Sunday, April 16, 2006

Chistos anesti

He is risen!

The best way to describe my weekend is to say that it was full of the love, friendship and beauty that comes from Christ. I can think of no better way to spend Easter weekend. That said, it went by entirely too fast, and I am sad that it is already Friday afternoon. I could really use a three day weekend here soon.

I really do believe God's hand guided me to Oak Hills, Max Lucado's church here in San Antonio. The fellowship has been stellar each day I've gone, and this weekend was no different. So good, I went twice! My grandparents came down from Austin yesterday. My grandmother was so excited about seeing Max preach and listening to Sandi Patti sing, she was at a loss for words, and I don't know if that has happened before! Sandi Patti isn't quite my cup of tea, but she is an amazing, talented artist. However, to quote my friend Becky, I kind of felt like I was listening to a Disney soundtrack. Now, if it had been Mute Math or Cool Hand Luke, it would have been the concert of the year.

Anyhow, a big group of us went to church again this morning, which I love. Most everything is more fun with a crowd. And then they all came back to Ellen's house for Sunday brunch of fruit pancakes and omellets. It was a successful gathering enjoyed by all. I look forward to hosting more people over in the future.

Now its back to flying this week. I have the Gorilla Guadelupe Challenge to look forward to next Saturday!! I'm so excited. A whole day of being out in the sun and being competitive in a eco-triathalon. Now I'm off to do some mountain biking to get geared up!




Ok, this is just ridiculous. How do those libs think the world will perceive them when they feel "unsafe" because of a book recommendation. Sissies. From brain-terminal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home