Monday, April 24, 2006

Gorrilla Challenge Triathlon





This last Saturday was the Second Annual Guadalupe Gorrilla Challenge Triathlon, put on but the Oak Hills Church singles group I've been attending since I moved here to San Antonio. This was my first ever triathlon, and let me tell you, I'm hooked. I'm already planning my next one and scouring ebay for a cheap used road bike. That's me struggling up that first hill, and friends kicking tail. My partner Joe and I won the coed group! Very exciting, and motivating I must say. More photos here.


The triathlon was not the only thing that went on that day on the banks of the Guadalup.... The whole church was invited for a picnic, games for the kids, a band played praise music, and there were baptisms in the river. It was quite the day. In all 147 people were bapized!! Heaven rejoiced. I was very suprised to see a very tall man helping with the baptisms in the river. If you look closely at my photos, you will see none other than David Robinson! He is an elder at the church (I had no idea). We went up to shake his hand and say hello. I think his shirt was as long as I am tall.




Thank you God for such a beautiful weekend and the blessings of health, brothers and sisters that are and have become good friends, and kayaks and mountain bikes!!

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Oh, I'm so glad you have a blog! and I had NO idea! I've been meaning to call you - I'm so sorry I haven't! Now, I can read about your life on your blog! I miss you girl. It's hard to believe you've been gone for nearly 2 years now! Miss you!

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Julie Blom here and I was excited to see you have a blog too. I'm glad you chimed in on Lisa's. We're in College Station so if you ever want a couple hour drive and a house full of 4 crazy kids, give me a call or something.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun! And congrats on 1st place...heck ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home