Saturday, June 24, 2006

it's official

I'm finished with instructor training. I had my last checkride on Friday, passed with no downgrades. It is such a relief to know that I am no longer a student. No more gradesheets, not more being critqued, at least not at the same level. Now it will be from one collegue to the other, in passing rather than a barrage of comments all focused on me.

At the same time it will be strange not being the student any longer. I have been a student in some form for my whole life up to this point. Now, for the first time, I am free to follow my own pursuits in my own time. I do not have to study, other than keeping up with all the T-37 info that I know with a few exceptions. Its going to be weird for lack of a better term, and will take some getting used to. I do know I am going to be one of those IPs that does not talk much. I hated the ones that talked constantly, and my whole goal was to get them to shut their mouths. The best flights are the ones in total silence, hence my desire to fly a single seat jet.

So I'm on my way back to Columbus on Monday by way of Austin to visit the grandparents and then a stop in Shreveport to visit a buddy in my class who is there for B-52s. So now, my loyal readers, you can look forward to ammusing anecdotes about student attempts to try to kill me, hopefully not on a daily basis. Stay tuned...

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Sorry to hear you have to leave Texas! I know this has been a good season for you! I'll pray that this next season is filled with all kinds of good surprises. Looking forward to seeing you in August! Have a safe drive back.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be wary about blogging about instructing. Students will, if up against the wall and about to be kicked out, use anything they can to stay in. An obscure reference to a flight? You bet.

So sayeth an ex-Navy flight instructor.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger chic[k]pilot said...

Thanks for the word of warning. I have been given that advice by other experience instructors also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home