Sunday, July 02, 2006

on the road again

Yes, faithful readers (I know there are not many of you, but you are faithful), I'm on the road once more, on my way down to the Florida panhandle to enjoy some of the July heat by the beach, along with the canine and a good book. I'm currently taking a break at one of my favorite places, Starbucks of Montgomery, and enjoying a nice iced caramel macchiato. The last two and a half hours of driving through small towns and past fields of kudzu-choked trees was made a bit less boring by a nice half-hour pit stop to walk the pup and various podcasts. I highly recommend them, seeing as they are free, and you can find them on practically any subject. I frequently listen to the Bored-Again Christian, the Relevant podcast, Max Lucado, Wizbang, InstaPundit, Pajamas Media: Blog Week in Review, and IndieFeed.

Well, pitstop is over, Squirt is getting restless, so I think we will be off once again. I'll be thinking of you while I'm relaxing on the beach.

10 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tube, or canoe the Blackwater River -near Milton, FL. I think you'll like it. Spring fed, yet white sand based. People do bring their dogs.

It's between Pensacola NAS and Hurlburt-so either one of the rec places there can point you to it.

Use to be stationed at Hurlburt -now at Nellis and that is one of the things we miss most.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sam Weigel said...

Here's a fairly interesting aviation podcast that's put together by a colleage of mine:

hotelcoffee.blogspot.com.

Of particular interest is Podcast #34, in which Dan recounts an engine failure on takeoff he had recently.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chick/pilot:

Just wondering if any of your regular female readers who might also be pilots might be interested in hooking up with an older gentleman who can't pass a physical but who did foolishly expend several hundred thousand dollars building a Lancair IV-P (pressurized single engine turbocharged retractable 180 ttsn)? Instrument rated preferable. I'll buy the gas!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Duke of DeLand said...

Caramel Macchiato!

Zounds, girl....you've found the secret!

From Honolulu to Tampa I have enjoyed this delicious drink...

Enjoy our Florida....

Duke DeLand

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Prent Rodgers said...

THanks for listening!

Charlie Quidnunc
Wizbang Podcast

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An enjoyable podcast for people who love gadgets is "The Daily GizWiz". It features Leo Laporte from TechTV and Dick DeBartolo from Mad Magazine. I listen to this most mornings during my commute. Always makes me start my day with a smile.

You can get the podcasts by either searching on iTunes or going to http://www.gizwizbiz.com

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get em girl. I've been in P'cola since a couple days after Ivan hit. The area has changed since i went to "A" school at Corry Field(c. 1977). I wish you the best of luch and by all means make the best use of your time, hey, you can show me how to fly a plane!

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. We'll see if we can crank up your traffic by linking you over at HangarView.com

Dennis Collins

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy to find your blog! I'm also a female pilot (ret) and a Christian (active). Will be back often!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Greybeard said...

My hope is that you were headed to my favorite white sand place: Destin, FL.

If so, go to Grazi's, The Back Porch, Callahan's, and Pompano Joe's.

Please give us a review when you are back, no matter where you go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home