Sunday, August 13, 2006

who would think flying could be boring?

So I have been teaching students for about a month now. It has all been contact flying, so many, many patterns, aerobatics, pretty much basic flying maneuvers. As the students get better and better, I fly less and less. I see the same maneuvers two or three times a day, and there are not that many ways to mess them up to give much variety either. Any instructor will tell you that it is the good students that you have to watch closely, because they will get in worse situations that a mediocre student, or maybe its harder to see it coming. All I know is that right now, I hate contact, and I could go for a formation solo, or three.... Please tell me it gets better.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas ... you venture into the Socratic method of learning ... and that is by doing.

I'm an instructor too and my phrase is "time in the cockpit".

Regardless of the caliber of the student, they all need it.

Just my thoughts.

Bill

wshervey@cfl.rr.com

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger chic[k]pilot said...

'Tis true. Thanks for the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home