Sunday, November 19, 2006

jets, getting rid of the military, and silencing your critics the russian way

Another busy week that began with a cross country and ended with a Saturday fly day, and my body has decidedly quit on me. I had no time this week for anything other than work, food and sleep. Now is my time to catch up, so as I watch Fox News and surf, here's what I meant to write about this week, but passed out before I got to it.

Out on cross country I saw a brand new Pilatus. I must say it was glorious, and I was a bit jealous of the new owner who flew it from Switzerland himself. But pretty soon, I'll have one of my own jets with Pilatus engine to fly on a daily basis. I can't wait for GPS!

Apparently a group in California, the Peace and Justice Center of Sonoma County, wants to get rid of the US Military. The admonishes Quarterly asks them this question:
If the United States had no military at all, the following would be more likely to occur:

(A) Peace on earth for every man, woman, and child.

(B) A hellish nightmare in which brutal dictators scheme to destroy the prosperous West and steal its riches unimpeded, bringing untold misery to billions of people.

Now, that should be a simple question to answer, we think. And, if you answered (A), congratulations: You’re officially a complete imbecile. You’re so dumb you ought to ride the short bus to school and never take off your helmet, even though you’re not on the team.

They are encouraging servicemen to just get out of the military, they even offer "Military Counseling." I hate to tell them this, but we have a volunteer force. I doubt that many of them who chose their profession voluntarily need counseling about getting out of it. Via Wizbang!

It looks like the long arm of the Russian law, or lack of it, is reaching for its critics even as far as London. Alexander Litvinenko, a former colonel in the Russian secret service, met with a journalist we claimed to have information about the murder of Anna Politkovskaya, a journalist who was murdered last month. I smell a conspiracy. Via Instapundit.

And a little fun for you fellow bloggers out there, via La Shawn Barber's Corner via Michelle Malkin.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It looks like the long arm of the Russian law, or lack of it, ..."

A CBC news report this evening (Dec 4th) reveals how the KGB is re-activating and now operates again with no accountability to the Russian people, only pres. Putin... unsettling to see how tenuous democracy is in Russia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home