Thursday, November 09, 2006

stuck in montgomery

Last night during the first sortie of a last minute student cross country, my RMI bearing pointer decides to crump on me and the fuel quantity was acting kind of fishy, both indications of an AC power issue, so I decided to land at Montgomery Regional. Not too far from home so the maintenance guys came to fix it this morning and we're back on our merry way. Never fun having aircraft malfunctions at night though. So here I am waiting in the FBO so I can get another night sortie. Ah, teaching the next generations of AF fliers.

While I've been waiting I had the chance to do my daily surfing.

Jay Tea at Wizbang! sees his state go from red to blue and is not very happy about it.
Bill at Eject!Eject!Eject! has some encouragement after the election, and a challenge:

The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at
any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the
get rich quick theory of life. -- Teddy Roosevelt
***
To those who have written me in anger over the years, I say sincere
congratulations to you on a big win, and I genuinely hope it will remove some of
the bitterness in your hearts and restore some belief in a system that was never
broken.
As for me, I pledge to re-enter the fight with more energy, not less,
and to continue to try to make the case I think needs to be made. I'll start on
that tomorrow.
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right
thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities." -- Winston
Churchill
Welcome to the process of exhausting all other possibilities. This
is where we separate the men from the boys. Pick a line and stand in it.


LGF asks why no Democrats have attempted to counter our enemies show of support for their party.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Greybeard said...

I've noticed the same thing, Dennis.
Man, I hope we are experiencing the transition of the Democratic party!
Like "Nixon to China", maybe Nancy Pelosi is exactly the medicine needed to pull this off?
Lieberman and Webb at the forefront....
I pray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home