Saturday, December 09, 2006

best music of 2006

As the year winds down, the top 10, 50, 100 lists abound. I love to peruse the top album lists to find good music that I missed in the last 365 days. Here's the top 10 from some lists I've found, hit the links for more. I'll be coming up with my own top 30 before the year is out.

NME Top 50 Albums of the Year via Wizbang Pop!
10 My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade
09 Kasabian - Empire
08 The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth
07 The Long Blondes - Someone To Drive You Home
06 Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
05 CSS - Cansei De Ser Sexy
04 Hot Chip - The Warning
03 Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
02 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
01 Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Uncut's Top 50 Albums via stereogum
10) Thom Yorke – "The Eraser"
09) Sufjan Stevens – "The Avalanche"
08) Hot Chip – "The Warning"
07) Midlake - "The Trials of Van Occupanther"
06) Arctic Monkeys – "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not"
05) Neil Young – "Living With War"
04) Joanna Newsom - "Ys"
03) Comets On Fire - "Avatar"
02) Scritti Pollitti – "White Bread, Black Beer"
01) Bob Dylan – "Modern Times"

Metacritic's
Top 30
10. Los Lobos - "The Town and the City"
9. Destroyer - "Destroyer's Rubies"
8. Subtle - "For Hero: For Fool"
7. Ghostface Killah - "Fishscale"
6. TV on the Radio - "Return to Cookie Mountain"
5. Bob Dylan - "Modern Times"
4. Joanna Newsom - "Ys"
3. Clipse - "Hell Hath No Fury"
2. Tom Waits - "Orphans, Brawlers, Bawlers, & Bastards"
1. Ali Farka Toure - "Savane"

More to come...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home