Wednesday, December 27, 2006

hitchens takes on bill maher

**Update**
My dad heard this on Laura Ingram a while ago, but I had to hear it for myself and post it. Bill Maher is an idiot, along with the people in his audience. The last segment is the best, and no matter his political affiliations, I think I like Christopher Hitchens. Comments anyone?



Ok, maybe Hitchens is a bit harsh. Via Captain's Quarters
However well or badly Ford managed his presidency, however, it seems more than a little churlish to attack him with the vigor Hitchens demonstrates in this column. During the mourning period, which is short enough even for former Presidents, a little acknowledgment of the challenges of the position should balance the criticism of the mistakes made by each. Afterwards, Hitchens would have plenty of time to set the record straight.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and I really like it. I've added you to my blogroll.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just fabulous! Maher thinks he can best anyone in a battle of wits when in fact he is a dim wit with little grasp of the facts. Thanks for the clip!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Citizen S said...

Hitchens is arrogant and stupid. I don't think Bill Maher is right all the time, in fact I disagree with him a lot, but at least he's not a complete know it all ass like Hitchens. I think Hitchens needs to go back to his arrogant friends in the UK.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maher isn't a complete know it all ass? Are we talking about the same guy? I'm not the biggest Hitchens fan. He's a lib with an attitude but he does have a tendency to tell it like it is when he sees other libs going off the deep end. He did it with Michael Moore and Fahrenheit 9/11 and he's done it with Maher. Yes, Hitchen is arrogant. In this case he happens to also be right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home