Sunday, February 04, 2007

back to school, sort of

Tomorrow marks my first day of earning my master's. I'm starting out one class at a time to see how much work it actually takes, but my goal is to get it done before I move on to my next jet. I'm actually excited to get this started, and I'm doing National Security, so hopefully it will be interesting and no doubt relevant. I'm kind of bummed I have to do the whole distance learning thing, but its darn near impossible for pilots to go to school in residence. Plus I want to build up as many hours as I can. There is a plus side to not actually attending a university however.... Kudos to T.F. Boggs for the hilarious Top Ten of what he's learned in school:
1. There is no truth.

2. One great piece of literature can change the world.

3. Truth doesn’t matter, that is of course unless it applies to fiction.

4. Bush is quite possibly the antichrist. Not an antichrist, but possibly The antichrist.

5. Never admit you are in the military unless you do not want to be taken seriously again.

6. It’s better not to think on your own. Just follow what your teacher tells you.

7. Driving sucks when the only possible thing that might blow up on you is some 18-year-old girl you almost hit because she stepped into the street while talking on her cell phone, while arguing with her parents that her bank account is low, while being 20 minutes late to class, while wearing really ugly snow boots, and all the while wearing jogging pants that would have been appropriate for the weather but have long ceased to hold any functionality since they have been cut off just below the knee.

8. Terrorists would all lay their weapons down if they just understood how to read fiction sophisticatedly.

9. If you don’t read the New York Times you cannot have an accurate grasp on what’s going on in the world.

10. The single greatest tragedy to happen in the United States in the past 37 years was the Kent State shootings on May 4th 1970.


I think seven needs a post all on its own. Yours truely is highlighted in the comments. I think the gauntlet has been thrown, and I might have a bit of a blog crush... But anyway, I want to apologize if posts are even lighter than normal due to the increased time I'll be spending on an education I actually have to spend money on.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Ron said...

I would guess that to a lot of pointy headed academics, the worst tragedies worldwide was the fall of the USSR, and anytime a jihadi dies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home