Monday, April 30, 2007

question of the night

John asks, "What has the Air Force done for us lately?" Ok, not quite in those words, but it is an interesting discussion. One that pushes a few buttons on all sides. Just remember boys, we're all on the same team.
All this military history swirling around my head got me thinking......

The Marines have Tripoli, Belleau Wood, Iwo Jima, Chosin, Khe San, Fallujah...

The Army has Saratoga, Gettysburg, San Juan Hill, Somme, Overlord...

The Navy has John Paul Jones' fight with the Seraphis, the dominance of Lakes Champlain and Eerie during 1812, Midway, the Japanese surrender on the Mighty Mo'...

But what about the US Air Force? (Best I could come up with is the air war over Kosovo and the air campaign prior to Desert Storm).


Check out the comments, and add some yourself.

UPDATE: Hey Cox & Forkum at thinking in that direction also. I think that's one video I'm definatly going to have to rent.

Labels: , , , ,