Wednesday, May 09, 2007

i've got the tdy blues

TDY for you non-military types is short for paid vacation.... I mean, temporary duty. For the most part, TDYs are a welcome break from the monotony of everyday life. You get away from the small southern town and visit the big city, a chance to have some time away from family or roomates, an excuse to eat out more than normal. There are good TDYs and bad TDYs, but the good thing about them is they are temporary. So even if you are on your way to the desert, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The shelf life of a TDY is about 3 weeks to a month I think, depending on the location. Eventually, no matter where you call home, whether you like it or not, you long for your own bed, you miss the family, and you get tired of eating last nights leftovers everyday for lunch. Thankfully for me, I only have one more flight and a checkride, so if the weather cooperates, then I should be done by the end of the week. Cross your fingers. My roomie is looking forward to having me back and much as I am. I'm on my way Kelly!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home