Wednesday, March 12, 2008

chic[k]pilot at sxsw


Austin is one of my favorite towns. My grandparents live here, it has so much character, the Texas hill country is beautiful, there is just so much to do. Every year Austin hosts a movie and music festival known as South by Southwest (for those of you who do not keep up with that kind of stuff). Now Austin may be known for its more, shall we say free spirited attitude, so you will think a military chick like me would want to steer clear of all that stuff. But you'd be wrong. I'm totally into new kinds of music of all types. And who doesn't love good live music? We don't get much of that in MS...

Today is the first day of the music festival. I'll be keeping up with the bands I see with photos and maybe some of my own impromptu reviews. I'll also be taking pictures of the strange, weird, and just plain crazy things/people/situations I might find. So if anything, the weekend should be interesting. Hopefully you'll get a few laughs and some new music to try. Until then, I'm off to enjoy some free parties and rockin tunes.

More info here and here if you're curious like a cat.

Just remember the reason your out there rockin' and just how lucky us spoiled Americans really are:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home