Monday, January 19, 2009

101 in 1001


So I have become a big fat of CrossFit and Mark's Daily Apple, among a few other fitness and nutrition sites. Crossfit tends to kick your butt in 20 minutes or less and Mark promotes Primal Living, basically eating and exercising like a caveman. What better way to live for a pilot! We are practically cavemen anyway... but thankfully with less hair. I'm sure I will do plenty of posting with links from CrossFit and Mark, but I did come across something interesting Mark posted recently.

Everyone tends to do New Year's resolutions that many never keep. Now that we are most of the way through January, I'm sure if you made a resolution or goal for the year, you might already have disappointed yourself or found excuses to not do what you set out to on January one. I know I have. But over at Day Zero, they take a longer view of things. Their aim is that you try to achieve 101 goals in 1001 days. That's about 2.75 years. That's pretty lofty, but I like it much better than just the traditional New Year resolution. It adds not only short term goals, but some medium term goals as well.

I'm not going to post my entire list, but here are a few highlights:
4. Read 50 books
7. Watch 100 documentaries
11. Donate 101 items
15. Do 100 push-ups a day for 50 days straight
35. Send a card to someone once a month
54. Coach a kid's soccer team
59. Watch all three Godfather movies in one sitting
73. Go to a beer festival
87. Go to my 10 year high school reunion
99. Work up to deadlifting twice my body weight

If you looks at all the lists people have posted at Day Zero, many have either quit posting or stopped working on their goals all together. But I also think it would be an interesting experiment to just make the list and see what you actually did in over jsut under three years without actually working through the list. I think people would be surprised how much they get accomplished.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Blogger wanda1234 said...

thanks for sharing...

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Kettlebell Workouts said...

Making the goal list is great, Since we just passed the new year, I am going through and doing a lot of goal setting. It actually gives you something to measure to.

Also, thanks for the content, just came across your site and am enjoying it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home